In today’s IT Organizations Data centers are a crucial part of any business to manage their data or information secured and faster accessibility. Most data centers require data redundancy and performance at high levels. It might be a small, distributed, or an enterprise data center, managing the complete Storage Network and Application represents the overall health of the data center.
Every enterprise that manages the data center is committed to providing superior user experience.SAN (Storage Area Network) management portal that is used plays a very important role in managing & monitoring the performance of all storage and network devices. On the growing complexity of IT environments, IT administrators need easy-to-use SAN management tools where they can have perfect visibility of the storage and network environments. Scalability, Functionality, Manageability & Support all can be achieved at best by using an efficient SAN management portal and Broadcom’s Brocade SANnav is most preferred in every enterprise that has modern SAN environment.
It is an intelligent tool or software that is compatible with most of the SAN Solutions which uses Brocade / Broadcom’s switches now over fiber channel. Previously known as CMCNE developed by Brocade now it’s modernized by Broadcom as SANnav after Broadcom took over Brocade.
The SANnav offering is composed of two separate SAN management products:
1. SANnav Management Portal allows management of one or more SAN fabrics that are in the same or different geographical locations, up to a maximum of 15,000 (15K) physical SAN ports. For environments that are larger than 15K ports, users can deploy multiple SANnav Management Portal instances.
- Simplified Management – Modern UI, with a user workflow focus to dramatically simplify SAN management.
- Enhanced Monitoring – Modern customizable health, performance, event, inventory, security and status dashboards.
- Rapid Troubleshooting – Instant view of fabric-wide conditions, powerful log analysis, historical and real-time data.
- In-context topology Views – View fabric topology based on the context of host, target, fabric, zone, etc
2. SANnav Global View allows users Users can get a comprehensive view of a SAN environment that spans multiple SANnav Management Portal instances through the product. SANnav Global-View enables users to navigate seamlessly across multiple SANnav Management Portal instances and drill-down to any individual SANnav Management Portal instance to perform detailed monitoring, investigation, and troubleshooting.
Whether an organization has data center locations across the globe or a single multi-tenant data center, it is important for administrators to be able to understand the health of the entire SAN. With Brocade SANnav Global View, administrators can quickly visualize the health, performance, and inventory of multiple SANnav Management Portal instances using a simple, intelligent dashboard. In addition, they can easily navigate from a global view down to local environments to investigate points of interest. Important events across all local environments are propagated at a global level for instant visibility in the alerts box.
Visualize the SAN
Most organizations are overwhelmed by the enormous volume of storage data they must process daily. Even well-managed IT organizations struggle to both keep up with the demand for storage and manually correlate millions of data points to extract useful information for the business. To increase efficiency, enterprises need tools that collect, aggregate, distribute, and serve up data in ways that can be easily consumed and uniquely optimized for different users.
Why Brocade SANnav Management Portal for Modern SAN Environments?
- Enhanced & Streamlined process to accelerate the deployment of new applications, Storage & Network devices.
- Swift information flow on insights of visual health & performance dashboards to quickly identify and isolate problems
- Auto defined topology views to visualize and isolate points of interest & faster understanding of solutions.
- Completely automated data collection and reporting.
- Simplified navigation of the entire SAN from a global view down to local environments and friendly user interface.
- Automated compliance monitoring of configurations of Storage & Network nodes.
- Enhanced workflow efficiencies with intuitive one-click navigation.
- Powerful reporting capabilities on the overall health of the SAN environment.
Brocade Fabric Vision Technology is leveraged to deliver a more dynamic, comprehensive and faster SAN management experience. With ever-increasing volume and velocity of data, yet stake holders still expect data centers to deliver maximum performance, business intelligence, and operational efficiency.
What types of environments can benefit from Brocade SANnav Management Portal and SANnav Global View?
SANnav Management Portal and SANnav Global-View are ideal for managing Brocade-based storage Fibre Channel networking infrastructure deployed in the data center and service provider environments. These tools can manage any switch running Brocade Fabric OS® (FOS) 7.4 and above.
All Brocade SANnav products are offered via subscription-based licensing.
Popular Enterprise storage SANs that use Broadcom’s Brocade SANnav
- DELL EMC
Competitors for Broadcom’s Brocade SANnav
Cisco is the major competitor in the global market
Watch the Next Generation SAN Management with Brocade SANnav Management Portal
To learn more information about
- SANnav Management Portal and SANnav Global View
- Brocade SANnav Product Brief
- Brocade subscriptions & product pricing
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What types of environments can benefit from Brocade SANnav Management Portal and SANnav Global View?
SANnav Management Portal and SANnav Global-View are ideal for managing Brocade-based storage Fibre Channel
networking infrastructure that is deployed in the data center and service provider environments. These tools can manage any switch running Brocade Fabric OS® (FOS) 7.4 and above.
2. Can I use SANnav Global-View without the SANnav Management Portal?
No, you cannot use SANnav Global-View without the SANnav Management Portal. SANnav Global View by itself does not directly manage SAN fabrics. Rather, it gathers data from SANnav Management Portal instances and provides users with global visibility.
3. Can I try out SANnav Management Portal and SANnav Global-View without purchasing them?
Yes. Anyone can download and use trial versions of the SANnav Management Portal and SANnav Global View for 90 days without purchasing a license. The trial versions provide full functionality and can support up to 15,000 instances and ports.
4. Do I need to install a license during the trial period?
No, you do not need to install a license to use SANnav Management Portal and SANnav Global-View during the trial period.
5. What happens when the 90-day trial period expires?
Users are given a warning that the trial period will be ending soon. After the trial period expires, users are denied access to the product, including any application-programming-interface (API)-based access.
6. Can I install the same SANnav Management Portal or SANnav Global-View license key on multiple servers?
No, a given license key is bound to the specific physical server on which it is installed. In the case of a multi-host
environment, the license key is bound to the master node in the cluster.
7. How can I migrate a SANnav Management Portal or SANnav Global-View license from one server to another server?
Migrate a license by following the rehosting procedure documented in the user guide. The rehosting procedure involves releasing a license from the current server and generating a new license key for the new server where SANnav will be hosted. Refer to your vendor’s documentation for details on generating licensing keys.
8. How do I access Brocade SANnav software and user manuals?
Brocade SANnav software and documentation, including user manuals, can be downloaded from the myBroadcom website at www.broadcom.com (registration required). Follow these steps:
1. Log in to your my Broadcom account at www.broadcom.com. This can be done by clicking the login the icon in the top-right corner.
2. Select Software/Documentation Downloads under Brocade Products from the Applications menu.
3. Enter SANnav Management Portal in the search field, and click Search.
4. Select the SANnav Management Portal version. Next, select Download Image or Release Notes.